The Emergency Medicine Education and Training program (EMET) is an initiative funded by a Commonwealth grant to the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine for the development of teaching and training opportunities for staff working in Emergency Departments with minimal or no consultant support in Emergency Medicine.
The program coordinated by the Modbury Hospital currently provides training to 6 regions in South Australia : Riverland, Murray Mallee, Mt Gambier / South East SA, Gawler/Barossa, Hills/Fleurieu and Mid-North /York Peninsula.
EMET Program Director : Dr Peter Stuart
Coordinators for the Regional programs
- Riverland Region : Dr Steve Napoli
- Murray Mallee Region : Dr Steve Napoli
- Mt Gambier : Dr Trevor Burchall
- Naracoorte / Upper SE Region : Alison Jones
- Victor Harbor / Hills Fleurieu Region : Dr Jason Bament
- Gawler / Barossa Valley Region : Dr Peter Stuart
- Med North / York Peninsula : Dr Peter Stuart